What are your summer essentials?

June 06, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Good Morning Friends!!  Katie here! I'm So excited to be back on TBB today for our Summer Series.

Summer is on it's way!  I LOVE Summer and know that many teachers like myself are already enjoying their summer vacations.  I still have a little more than 2 weeks to go!  But soon enough, the school year will be OVER and with any hope, I will be somewhere...anywhere...lounging in the sun and LOVING every minute of it!  So I thought today, I'd share with you my summer essentials!!


ONE: A Hat
Sunscreen's a given and the smart way to go, but to that I'm adding a favorite summer essential...the hat!  This is gonna be the summer of the hat! Because the sun spots on my face, I'm gonna be sporting all sorts of hats...fedoras, big floppy hats, baseball caps,...you name it, I'll be wearing it!


TWO: Sunnies!!
I have one really good pair of sunglasses that I wear most often,throughout the year, but during the summer I like to switch it up, depending what I'm doing or wearing, so I go for the inexpensive ones.  Especially when I worry that they might get ruined at the beach.  {This} is the pair I bought this summer!  At 12 bucks they're a steal and if I have to get rid of them at the end of the summer no biggie, if not, then yay!!  I love the aviator style.

THREE: A good read!
So excited that this summer I can get back to reading for pleasure!  I love when I can just sit in the sun and read for hours.  Really excited to finally check some books off my ever-growing book list! One book I'm really looking forward to this summer is First Comes Love by Emily Giffin!  What books are on your summer reading list?  Let me know in the comments below!


FOUR: Summer 2016 Playlist
A good summer playlist to listen to on the beach or at the pool is a must!!  I listen to a lot of country but the summer playlist is a mix of everything...it's just plain fun!  Some of the songs on my playlist are:
Listen to these songs {here}

FIVE: An ice cold beverage
And while your hanging out by the pool sunning and listening to good tunes, ya gotta have a nice cold beverage in you hand...or anytime of day really!!  Maybe one day it's just an iced tea or lemonade!  But some days, an ice cold beer hits the spot on a hot summer day.  Other times, it's a nice cool prosecco during summer brunch with friends.  Even your favorite glass of wine cozy on a lounge chair reading a book or watching the sun go down on a warm summer night!! Even a super fun summer concoction to sip by the pool! Whatever your pleasure, just enjoy it!!  And come on back to The Blended Blog this summer when you get a bonus post from me...showcasing some of my favorite summer drinks...it's kinda my thing here!!  ;-)

What are your summer essentials?  Let me know in the comments below!


Have a great summer everyone!  Enjoy the sun, fun and everything in between!  Follow along with my summer adventures at my blog, The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life!
Katie 

And don't forget to keep following along with Create28 all June long!  Our first recap on link up will be on Wednesday! Head on over to Puppies and Pretties to check out Alison in today's look, the maxi dress!!



Katie is a regular contributor to The Blended Blog. When she's not blogging, she's laughing.  She spends her days as a teacher-librarian to "her" 300 kids in her hometown on Long Island, New York.  She enjoys online shopping, fun nights out with friends, or in, binge-watching Netflix and drinking wine. Follow along with her at The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life.

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>