Feature Friday: MamaCentric

June 03, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Hi friends, Shaunacey here (I know, long-time see - don't worry, you'll be sick of me in a few weeks) I'm so excited to share this blogger with you because she has quickly become one of my favs. Aimee of MamaCentric is a beautiful lady inside and out and she speaks to my soul through her writing. I think I have cried (good tears) reading more of her posts than I do watching PS I Love You (if you've seen the movie, you know A LOT of tears are involved). I have also been fortunate enough to create a friendship with Aimee and she is every bit as sweet and thoughtful as her writing suggests. So, meet Aimee, I trust you'll love her as much as I do!!

Don't forget to visit her on Facebook and show her some love :)

Aimee from MamaCentric



Other than blogging, what do you do for a living (profession)? 

 I have been a stay-at-home mom for the past four years. While it isn't a profession, I do spend quite a bit of my day home schooling my two older children. Some might say that I am also a professional baby-wearer, middle of the night crafter, and world-class procrastinator. I am pouring my heart into becoming a full-fledged, freelance writer. Check back in a year and perhaps I can add this to my credentials.


What is your greatest unfulfilled ambition?
 My greatest unfulfilled ambition is to write and publish an anthology of essays....and then tour the world as I host conferences for women of all ages and backgrounds to get together in big, inspiring group-hugs and affirm how beautiful and capable each of us truly are. 


How would you describe yourself in 3 words? 

resilient. passionate. grateful.


What is something that people might be surprised to know about you?
Most people are surprised when they learn that I had cancer as a teenager. Thankfully, after a few surgeries I returned to a healthy, happy life. When my peers in school asked why I had such a large scar running from my cheek to neck, I humored myself by making up stories ranging from knife-wielding gang fight to tiger attack.


What inspired you to start blogging? 
The moment after I had my daughter, I sat in the quiet of our hospital room listening to the bustle of the nurses outside of the door and gazing deeply into my baby girl's eyes. She was so alert, engaged, alive. It felt as though she was looking deep into my soul. Though I had been a mother for six years to her two older brothers, this moment I shared with her was profound. Right then, I knew that I had to be more. I was ignited with urgency. I had to do all of the things I had been to scared to do for years. If I was ever going to teach her what it meant to seize the world, I was going to have to dig deep and seize all of the longings within my heart. And all I have ever longed to do is write. Ever since I was a girl scribbling poetry in my room at night, I have longed to tell my stories. So, when my daughter was just four weeks old, and I was thoroughly exhausted, I created my blog and jumped in head first. No plans. No goals. No real idea of what I was doing. Just following the calling to fulfill my dreams, and hoping that my words might inspire others to chase their joy. 


What is your favorite style season (fall, spring, summer, winter) and why? 

Fall! Though I live in down in Texas where our fall isn't crisp air and changing leaves, I do appreciate the slight drop in temperature as an opportunity to pull out my beloved cardigans and layer pieces. Also, pumpkin bread. Although, that has nothing to do with fashion.


What is the last book you read and would you recommend it? 
The last book I read in its entirety was Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. (I am notorious for starting books and not finishing them for months. There are bookmarked, dog-eared books stacked in little piles all about my home. I could say the same for my many projects, crafts, and essays...) Anyhow, yes, I would absolutely recommend this book! If you are feeling stagnated in your creative endeavors, or if you are seeking affirmation that the art you produce adds value to the world, this is the read for you. 


Shaunacey again - now that you're all captivated by Aimee's writing here are two posts by Aimee that I KNOW you'll love:

Chasing Your Joy

Enjoy and thank you Aimee because truthfully, I forgot I had a Feature Friday coming up and Aimee was generous enough to do this VERY last minute! I owe you!!!




shaunacey
Shaunacey is a regular contributor to The Blended Blog. Quasi-stylish mom, wife and writer. She can be found at her blog Simply Shaunacey, on Instagram or on her back patio clutching for dear life to her coffee (or wine).   

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>