Featured Friday: Andrea from Living on Cloud Nine

February 19, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Hi all, Shaunacey here. It's Feature Friday and I'm so so so excited to introduce you to Andrea from Living on Cloud Nine

I don't remember how I found Andrea and her blog but I did and I'm so grateful. She's one of the sweetest bloggers I've 'met' and she can rock any Pinterest outfit you can imagine (seriously, this woman looks great in EVERYthing). She also posts some AH-mazing drink and food recipes. Give her a follow (a link to her twitter HERE), you will NOT regret with.

Without further adieu, meet Andrea:




Do you have any children? What parenting advice would you give to a someone having a new baby? 
We have three wonderful teenage sons. While I miss the baby days, I won't lie, your life does become easier the older they get. However, the worries do grow. Yet, with your life becoming more manageable, I think it's a super great trade off. Just the fact that they become more self-sufficient is an exhilarating feeling. Knowing that, you get through the worries with grace and optimism.
What is your greatest unfulfilled ambition? 

I wish I would have continued on with graduate schooling. My unfulfilled ambition was to be a college Professor of Sociology. I'm a lifelong learner and even incorporate knowledge tests into the goals of the team that works for me. Yet, my job is not fulfilling and my degree is not being utilized. If I had to do it all over again, I'd finish that  graduate schooling and teach the minds of college students.

How would you describe yourself in 3 words? 

Compassionate, Giving, Motivator

What hobbies do you have other than blogging?
Working out, Cooking, Baking, Scrapbooking, snowshoeing, reading and helping others.


What inspired you to start blogging?
I actually wrote a whole post on this last year called How Blogging Saved My Life. 
http://livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com/2015/04/how-blogging-saved-my-life.html
Something was missing. As happy as my life was, there was an ache in my heart. While pondering this ache, I would start to think about all the blogs I was a fan of and how their fun spin on life, love and style made a difference in my life. That's it...I wanted to make a difference, make someone smile, feel better or laugh and with the last name of Nine it only made sense to call the Blog "Living On Cloud Nine." Fellow bloggers have now become like family. Supporting and encouraging one another and understanding that if you're taking the time to write a blog post, then your heart is truly special!

What is your style “uniform”? 
This varies from season to season but in the Winter, leggings and boots are a staple. If you don't already know, I am a HUGE fan of ponchos and wraps and the ease of throwing one over a simple canvas is comfortable yet classy at the same time. I've featured many of them on the Blog and always say I'm not buying anymore so how another one ended up in my closet is beyond me, lol. Warmer weather means little dresses and sandals with a jean jacket or cardi in the cool evenings. And of course I adore scarves all year long. Here is a post of one of my favorite outfits including the popular "blanket scarf." http://livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-scarf-of-season.html


What is your ideal date night?
It's actually a date day that carries over into the night. We love to take a whole day, especially in the Summer. We start with a trip to a local winery or brewery, listen to music there and grab some beverages and lunch, then head to a local festival of some sort, then a roof top dinner topped off with catching a glorious sunset on a bench on the beach. Then we hold hands on the drive home, singing to the music with the windows rolled down. Gee, now I wish it was Summer again. Here I blogged about one if our day dates called The Perfect Day http://livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-perfect-day.html

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>