Friday Featured: AMANDA From A BROWNIE WORLD

July 29, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz


Happy Friday Lovelies!! It's Andrea from Living On Cloud Nine. I love this featured blogger so much that my Friday Favorites even centers around the "Brownie" theme today. Meet the phenomenal Amanda from A Brownie World. This sweet and sassy friend of mine is as smart as they come, nails what so many of us are thinking and is as real as real can be!!
She is a devoted wife and mama who consistently puts all the needs of others above her own. She radiates sunshine, and I can feel her warmth all the way from Carolina!



You wanna go see how magnificent she is, just go check out her two favorite posts:


The $#it Holes I've Stayed In - "It is summer vacation time and I wrote this post back in April when I was planning out our summer trip.  I started thinking about all the places I stayed in as a kid and I caught myself laughing so hard I nearly needed a Depends as I told my husband the stories!"

Cal-or-not-for-mes - "Food is my passion (OK one of them!) and I get so sick of hearing of diets where women starve themselves to death or gimmicks that make them feel good for a couple weeks and then BAM they gain their weight back.  When I shared this post I received so much positive feedback and really felt like I was helping out a piece of the population who need to know they can get their health back on track with simple and effective common sense methods!"

Let's get to the Q&A with Amanda. Trust me, 
you're gonna LOVE Her!!!!

Other than blogging, what do you do for a living (profession)?I am a substitute teacher and I also have a small cleaning business.  When my son is a bit older I hope to return to regular work but I doubt it will be in the area I studied (Public Health) and I doubt it will be life altering but my focus these days is just making a nice way for my kids.  Oh and one day retiring to the beach.

What is your greatest unfulfilled ambition? 
Winning the lottery, duh.

How would you describe yourself in 3 words?Attention Deficit Disorder

What is something that people might be surprised to know about you? 
I am a Canadian Spy.  Just kidding.  I'm not a Canadian Spy but ya know.  
What is your oddest habit?  I am addicted to using the orange sticks on my nails.  I do it every single day.  It is so weird and I will probably do damage to myself but I like to make sure my nails are spic and span every single day.

What has been the most rewarding outcome of blogging? 
Who is your favorite blogger and why? I guess this is totally cliche but it has been these new "friendships" with others around the country!  I seriously wish that Andrea was my neighbor, Emily was bringing her kids over to play, and that Alexis was making me some pretty fabulous baked goods.  I honestly do not have a favorite blogger but I do have a long list of those who I am checking in on on the regular!  Everything brings something different and unique to the table and that is the best part of this!

What is your style “uniform”? It depends on the day!  If it is summer and I'm home then a tank and torn denim shorts, a work day during the school year I try to be super trendy and cute or chic and classic.  I try to buy more classic pieces than trendy because I don't have a budget to buy new stuff every month.

What is your favorite style season (fall, spring, summer, winter) and why? 
I am a summer girl and live for tank tops, shorts, and sundresses.  My favorite things to wear in the summer are tank tops and patterned shorts.

Which fashion trend do you currently love? 
What is your best beauty trick? Self tanner.  It is trendy because its safe and it is a beauty trick because you can forget foundation and bronzer - a little mascara, blush and lip gloss and you are good to go! 



What is the last book you read and would you recommend it? The Hypnotist's Love Story by Lianne Moriarty - yes I would recommend it!  I love her books so nicely written and a slight bit captivating!

Do you like to dine-out or stay-in and cook dinner? When my kids are with us - stay in.  When we are alone - go out!
And, what is your favorite meal or restaurant? Local favorite:  Milner Brothers in Clemmons, NC. 

What is your favorite (or dream) vacation destination? As long as it is in the Caribbean I am typically content!

Do you enjoy gardening, sewing, decorating, painting or photography? What is your latest project? 
I refer to myself as a dirt girl.  Dirt therapy is the best thing to me!  I love to have my hands in soil and to plant flowers, trees, shrubs, etc.  I have been working on my perennial garden this season and added in roses which makes me quite excited.  I dabble in decorating, it is a secret passion but my OCD makes the process quite more drawn out than it should be!  Lately, I have been working with adding in vintage pieces with modern style in my home.  It helps that a vintage and antique dealer moved in next door!!!


Lastly, Follow the Sweet Sista on Instagram too: HERE





Andrea is a regular contributor to the Blended Blog and shares her fashion, recipes, family and motivation over at Living On Cloud Nine. With the last name of "Nine", she tries to make each day as blissfully happy as possible. Much of that happiness comes from her loving husband and 3 amazing teenage sons.

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>