One Shirt, One Week: Ruth from My Little Nest

June 26, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

One shirt, One Week.
Last week I had a little Q&A here on the Blended Blog and this week I have a fun little post I've been working on to share with you! You can also find my regular posts over on my blog, My Little Nest.

I like to push myself with my wardrobe. I've tried a capsule wardrobe, but it's just not my thing. I like to shop and I like lots of different styles, so a 30 piece wardrobe (or whatever number a capsule wardrobe is these days) is not for me. However, I sometimes forget how many ways you can wear a piece of clothing because I have so many different clothing options. Striped shirts are neutral and a classic piece that most everyone owns. (I own more than one...okay maybe 4) I decided to push myself and wear ONE striped shirt for five days. Yup. Five days.



Monday
I spent the day with my two littles. (as usual)  It was completely cloudy and raining every 10 minutes but we did manage to take a short little walk around our neighborhood. It was a definite jeans and t shirt day. I decided to throw on a vest so it looked like I put some actual thought into the outfit. Using layers adds more dimension and texture to your look and makes it not look like a jeans and t shirt day.
Picture
Picture
Picture
Short sleeve sold out similar Tunic tank another option here
Jeans
Vest
Shoes

Tuesday
Oh errands with two little girls in tow.... getting in the car, buckling car seats, driving, unbuckling car seats, getting out, checking lists, waiting in line. Chaos x 4 little hands. I decided to "dress up" a bit since we were out and about and pulled out my maxi skirt and a statement necklace to at least look put together in the midst of chaos.
Picture
Picture
Picture
Maxi skirt
Shoes
Necklace

Wednesday
 Some warmer weather had us all excited so we went to the little park by our house. I pulled out my new jean shorts that I've been wanting to wear and paired it with my most comfy shoes to chase my littles around in, my minnetonka fringe moccs. Since the jean shorts are more "thigh huggers" it balanced the length and width of the tunic without it looking frumpy.
Picture
Picture
Picture
And because I can't leave my two littles out of a post I had to share this picture. They're getting so big and I just love seeing them play together.

Shorts
Minnetonkas

Thursday
The girls and I went on a little picnic by a small lake. I paired my top with flares (my fav go to jeans right now!) and my suede ankle boots. Because the top is a long tunic I needed to balance out the width of the flares so it didn't look like I was the same width all the way down. I tied a simple knot on the side of the tunic to add the effect of longer legs and give myself a waist! 
Picture
Picture
Picture
Flares
Suede Ankle Boots
Watch


​Friday
Date night. I decided to wear the stripes for my date night! Paired with a cute printed flirty skirt, nude heels, a clutch and a fun bracelet for drinks totally worked and rounded out my striped top challenge!
Picture
Picture
Picture
Skirt sold out similar similar
Heels
Bracelet
​Clutch

Seeing how I can wear ONE shirt so many ways puts my closet in perspective. So, my takeaway from this challenge? To really think about how many clothes I have and how using different accessories and bottoms can give one shirt a completely different look. The takeaway for you? I hope you can see how many outfits you can make with just one item! It's always fun to challenge yourself and your closet and see what you can come up with! Is this a challenge you would try? I love hearing your comments!

Also wanted to give a huge thank you to all the ladies at The Blended Blog for letting me takeover a weekend post! I'd also love to see you over at my little corner of the internet My Little Nest!

​Hope you have a great weekend!

​Ruth

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>