Featured Friday: My Little Nest

June 17, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Hey guys, Deena here.  I want to introduce Ruth to you today from  My Little Nest.  She is a stay at home mom and fashion blogger with a classy and edgy style.  I want everything in her wardrobe. Also her hair.  
Here's a little more about Ruth:



Other than blogging, what do you do for a living?
I am a wife and stay at home Mama to my two little girls Millie and Sophia.

What parenting advice would you give to a someone having a new baby? I have two girls, Sophia is 5, Amelia (or Millie) is 2. If you're new to the whole parenting game one thing I'd tell you is to go easy on yourself. Mistakes will be made and allowing yourself room to grow and breath in your new role and accept that life will be crazy at times can help things flow better!

What would you consider your greatest accomplishment and why? 
My greatest accomplishment would be moving from Washington to Florida when I was 23 years old. I didn't have a job lined up or know where I was going to live before I got there. I literally brought one suitcase on the airplane with me. I ended up getting a job within two weeks and worked my way up (within 6 months) to management.  I provided for myself and met my husband the first year I was down there! That is where I feel I found myself and I gained a huge amount of confidence in myself. I am very proud of what I did for myself and hope to pass on that self confidence to my girls!

What is something that people might be surprised to know about you?
Fun fact: I was home schooled by my Mama my whole life! I graduated through home school in Washington State!

What inspired you to start blogging? I started blogging after I had my oldest daughter. I felt isolated and alone. I didn't live near my family, (I had moved out of state 7 years before) I didn't have any Mom friends (I had a career in banking prior to my girly being born) and I realized I wanted to use a blog as a creative outlet while documenting things I did with my little girl for my family back home. From there it has evolved and changed over the years, but I have kept it to what my passions and likes are!

What is your favorite style season (fall, spring, summer, winter) and why?
 I have to say my favorite Season is Fall. I love layering clothes! After living in Florida for 10 years and wearing shorts year round  I realized how much I missed cardigans, boots, socks and oversized sweaters! So now that my family has moved back to the Pacific Northwest my closet has quickly filled up with sweaters, leggings, ankle booties and jackets!


What is your ideal date night? 
An ideal date night would be leaving the kiddos with Grandma and Grandpa and getting out ANYWHERE with just the hubs! Haha! I specifically like trying different types of beer and I'm a sucker for greasy bar food! And great conversations to reconnect with the husband too!

***
Want to connect with Ruth? You can follow her on Instagram here and check out her blog with two of her favourite posts here (Wire Basket Hanger and How We Wore it: Casual Summer Days)  

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>