Friday Feature: I Adore What I Love

May 27, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Hey guys, Deena here.  I wanted to introduce you to a blogger I have recently met in the huge blogosphere out there.  Dana, from I Adore What I Love is someone that I know I would hang out with if we didn't live so far apart.  She has great taste and has created a unique blog that I have really enjoyed reading.  Two of her favourite posts are Iced Coffee Cubes for the Win  and 15 Things I've Learned About Being a Mom After 15 Months
Meet Dana, I know you'll love her:

Other than blogging, what do you do for a living?
I taught English Language Learners for 5 years and then more recently, taught first grade for 2 years. Once I had my son, I took my maternity leave, went back and finished out the school year, and then took a year leave after that. It's weird to say that I will not be going back next year because teaching really is my life's passion, but being home with my toddler son is more important to me at this point in my life. 


Do you have any children? What parenting advice would you give to a someone having a new baby? 
Yep! I think I just answered this question above! Ha! My son Brody will be 17 months on Sunday and I am seriously obsessed with him! Since turning 1 he has become a wild child but he's a really good boy at the core and has the best little personality. 
My advice to someone having a new baby would be that there really is no right or wrong way to parent. Whatever works is the right way and every baby is different so what might have worked for a friend and her children, may not work for yours! I do feel, however, that the calmer the parents, the calmer the baby! Be confident in the choices you make because you have to trust your gut and chances are, you're doing the right thing! Also, don't compare your babe to others!! Every child moves at his or her own pace!! Case in point: most of Brody's friends have been walking for MONTHS. But B just started two weeks ago at 16 months!! Either way, it's fine! 

Are you married? What marriage advice would you give to a couple getting married? What have you learned? 

I am married! My husband and I will be celebrating our 4th anniversary on June 9th! To kick off wedding season this year, I actually wrote an entire post on marriage advice from myself as well as my friends and family so check it out here because it's a good read!! 

How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Positive, Geniune, and Loyal

What inspired you to start blogging? 
I was inspired to start blogging because of a few things! First, I've always been blog obsessed myself and love that there are so many types of blogs out there for everyone. I've always had different blogs that I look to for different things! Second, my friends have always come to me for advice on fashion, beauty and makeup, recipes, and technology and I loved sharing with them! I thought, if I am taking the time to tell them my thoughts, opinions, and "secrets" on these topics, amongst others, why not share them with the rest of the world too?!? The only way to do that was via the internet of course, and I knew immediately that me + blogging would be a perfect fit! 

What is your style “uniform”? 
Year round, you can basically find me wearing a version of the same thing! Ha! So much so that my friends always tell me they could shop for me in a heartbeat and they know I would love what they'd choose because I truly do have a uniform that I live in. It's skinny jeans, flats, and a flowy top! All. The. Time! Of course I wear dresses on fun occasions and shorts and sandals in the summer, but my everyday uniform is what I feel most comfortable in so I stick with it. I love high heels and long necklaces and changing up my hair but I know what works for me and there's no shame in that! 

Do you like to dine-out or stay-in and cook dinner? 
I LOVE to cook at home! It's relaxing and fun! I don't do great with following cookbook recipes although I love reading them {and looking at the delectable photos}; I just can never seem to follow the directions perfectly. Andddd I pretty much always add my own twist to the dish so in the end it bares little resemblance to what it was originally supposed to be. Ha! Am I the only one who does this?! Regardless, coming up with new things to make is one of my favorite things to do! However, when life happens, my husband is the first to say that we should order out! He loves my meals and I think he'd always prefer my home cooking but he wants to make it easy on me too, which I appreciate oh so much! BB {before baby OR as we like to say: before Brody} we went out to eat WAY too often!! Chicago is a food emporium and while there are never-ending amazing options to dine out at, there is something to be said about cooking for yourself, opening a glass of wine, and enjoying the company of people who you're with in your own home! 

Want to follow Dana? Check out her on Instagram here.



0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>