Friday Feature: LAURA HORTON of The Horton Family

April 29, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz


Even before I joined the phenomenal ladies here at The Blended Blog, I would read these Friday Features and always think to myself "If I were featuring someone, it would be my southern sweetie, Laura Horton!" So lo and behold, now that I am part of this gracious group, I get to showcase my Bloggy BFF and sure to be lifelong friend!! 



She is every bit as genuine and sweet as she is pretty. Kids, this fabulous gal would do anything for ya, she'll even root on a rival football team for ya just cause she knows they are "your team" just as much as Alabama is hers!!  

This beauty has a writing voice that will make you laugh until it hurts and tear up when she aches or cheer for her in Victory. I think once you read more about her in this feature and browse her amazing blog (she's had a blog for 10 years people) that you will call her friend like I do and see why I treasure her so. Run to The Horton Family Blog Today including this favorite post!!!!

The post called Coffee Talk with Felicia from her alter-ego side of her "boot" Felicia last year when she fell down the stairs and had to be on crutches all summer.  "Absolutely THE worst summer of my life!" Laura Says...I say The Post will have you in stitches!!
Mr. and Mrs. Horton on their 20th Wedding Anniversary last April in Hawaii

Other than blogging, what do you do for a living (profession)?

I am a Certified Public Accountant and currently working in the healthcare industry. I worked in the public accounting sector right after I graduated from college and soon after I received my CPA designation, a friend called and asked if I would be interested in coming to work for a local hospital. I jumped at the chance because I had loved healthcare accounting in college. I’ve worked at my current position as finance manager for nearly seventeen years.

Do you have children? 

Yes, we have one daughter who will be eleven in May.  Alise is our pride and joy and she tends to suffer from “being the only child syndrome.” She recently made junior high cheerleader, so that and fifth grade homework keeps me very busy.




How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Loyal, strong-willed, happy

What hobbies do you have other than blogging?

In the summer time, I like to lay out by the pool and read a good book.  I enjoy baking and walking and spending time with friends.


What has been the most rewarding outcome of blogging?
I recently celebrated my Ten Year Blogiversary and I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around it. What started out as a way to scrapbook our family moments and keep up with our relatives in Alabama, has grown into a whole new world of friendships that never would have happened if I hadn’t read about blogging in a magazine all those years ago.  I think the most rewarding thing about blogging are those relationships and friendships that you make with other bloggers that may be half way around the world are right in your back yard. Some of the friends I’ve made when I first started blogging are some of my very good friends even today (Unfortunately, they don’t blog anymore). There’s just a comraderie among bloggers and it’s so fun to “meet” someone that you just instantly click with! The most significant change I’ve seen in the blog world in the last ten years is the shift from what I refer to as “Mom Blogs” to more specific genres such as beauty blogs, lifestyle blogs, or fashion blogs. I like to incorporate those topics into my own posts from time to time, but I think my blog will always be about The Hortons.


What is your style “uniform”? 
Since I work in a professional environment and because we have a stricter dress code than most organizations, I would say that my style is definitely more professional.  I don’t wear a jacket and dress pants to work every day, but when I know that I’m going to be in meetings, I do “dress up” more.  With that being said, I do like to incorporate many of the latest styles and patterns into my wardrobe as well. My favorite style is probably more of a romantic look with lots of lace and flowy fabrics with leggings. I consider myself a leopard queen and I wear some type of leopard nearly every day. Fall and winter are my favorite seasons because I love to layer and wear boots. On the weekends, it’s definitely more casual for a run to Walmart or to return a library book.  

Check out my Favorite Pinterest Recreation Of Laura's HERE




Do you like to dine-out or stay-in and cook dinner?

Both actually. It really depends on my mood and what we’ve had going on that day.  If it’s been a long day at the office or running errands, I’m perfectly content to stay home with a glass of wine out by our outdoor kitchen while Mr. Horton grills. Those are probably my favorite times when we’re most relaxed.  But I also like getting dressed up for a night on the town at our favorite restaurant and maybe even a late movie. 

And in her gracious style, check out her Mother's Day Gift Guide with Letter P

Lastly, Follow the Sista on Instagram too: Laurahorton0120 HERE





Andrea is a regular contributor to the Blended Blog and shares her fashion, recipes, family and motivation over at Living On Cloud Nine. With the last name of "Nine", she tries to make each day as blissfully happy as possible. Much of that happiness comes from her loving husband and 3 amazing teenage sons.




0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>