Style Perspectives - bright pants

March 30, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz




14 bloggers each picked a look that defined their personal style.  
The featured blogger on the Blended Blog showcases her signature style (the prompt for that day) and then the other bloggers (on their personal blogs) show how they interpret it.  

Before we get into this week's look, check out all the patterns with neutrals from last week:



AND all you awesome linker-uppers... Introducing our top two visited links:

We had a tie for first place with the Blended Blog's very own Nicole and Katie

Katie, our resident cutie and wine connoisseur (though, there might be a few of us with the wine status lol) is looking lovely in a gorgeous blouse

Nicole was the bright spot on a snowy day for all our readers!! How pretty are these colors on her? Hot momma!


The second most clicked pic: 
The ever stylish Shelly rocking a beautiful geometric pattern blouse! 

Make sure you linkup at the bottom of this post for your chance to be featured!!!

Okay, now down to business... let's get colorful!


Bright Pants:

Prior to about 2 years ago the only color of pants I would wear were: blue (denim only, not actually blue pants) and black. 

You would never find me wearing white (that's still touch and go with the littles) or any other color on my lower half. Then, on a whim, I bought a pair of orange (yes, you read that right) capri pants. They were on sale (score) and fit like a dream... my love affair of colored pants began and the rest is history. 

I'm here to help you see the light bright.

Pants with some color are a great way to add some some variety and fun to your wardrobe. 

Colorful pants can be a little bit of a challenge to style, especially for us somewhat style-challenged folk. Obviously neutral pairings are a good choice (black, white, denim etc).

But, that's not the only way.

Try pairing them with other brights!

I mean, why wouldn't you want to look like a giant bag of Skittles? Taste the rainbow? I say wear it!






AM I RIGHT?!
















Too much?

Sure, you may need to avert your eyes for a second, adjust the brightness on your screen or find your sunglasses quickly, but seriously, try looking at this outfit and not feeling a little bit happier. Okay, maybe that's because you think I resemble a clown, but clowns make people happy, no? Well, I suppose not if you're one of those people who are afraid of clowns. Now that I think about it, they are quite creepy. Too late, pictures taken. Flowers, I remind you of bright spring flowers. Better? Whew. Sorry about that.

I feel kinda like I'm walking on sunshine in this. It makes me happy. It's like a Spring day. Okay... maybe a little overboard, but you get it. When I'm seriously rocking my mombie status, wearing something like this makes the day a little bit easier, a little bit more cheery and I'm always down for that.

here's a fam-jam shot for ya, purple pants for the win! 


So the next time you wake up on a dreary day, throw on a pair of bright pants and a coordinating bright top! You won't regret it. At the very least, you might make someone else's day a little brighter (literally) and that's cool too.


Ready for some bright pants overload?? Here's how I've worn bright pants (pre-during and post pregnancy too!)


Want more? see all my colored pants looks HERE

Are you already a bright pants lover? Yes - linkup your bright pants posts below!

If not, have I convinced you to give them a go?


Daily Style Finds: The Personal Stylist
Foxy's Domestic Side: The Crafty Engineer
Grumbling Grace: Toddler Tamer & Teacher
Simply Shaunacey: Reformed Frumpy Mommy
Two Teens and Their Mama: Stylish Midlife Mama
RSquared: The Not So Nerdy Accountant
Shoes to Shiraz: The Shoe Hoarding French Teacher
Puppies and Pretties: Cube Dwelling Fashionista
Mishaps and Mayhem of Solitary Life:  Single Girl, Simple Style
A Lovely Little Wardrobe: A Casual Petite
Making the Most of Everyday Classic Yet Current Over Forty 
NickandNik: Mama with Curves
Living on Cloud Nine: Blissful Fashionista




0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>