Featured Friday: Rachel from Garay Treasures

March 03, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Hello Everyone! This is Carrie and I’m excited to share a little bit about Rachel today on The Blended Blog. I found Rachel through the linkup she hosts at Garay Treasures each Tuesday. Rachel is just a normal woman who blogs about her life and family with genuine transparency and authenticity. Life isn’t always what we see on social media so when you find people who are real, follow them is my suggestion. You can follow Rachel on her Facebook.




Do you have any children? What parenting advice would you give to a someone having a new baby?
I have four children (twin boy and girl age 2, three year old boy and 7 year old girl). My advice to a new mom is to not let others give you their opinion so forcefully and expect you to follow it (many people expected me to deliver naturally or use pacifiers when I could not/would not) stand your ground and if you want something done a special way then hold to that but be open to any suggestions or help as needed.

Are you married? What marriage advice would you give to a couple getting married? What have you learned?
I am married to my first kiss, boyfriend and best friend. We dated for three months, got engaged and planned a wedding in eight months and have been happily married for five in a half years with three of our own kids and raising my niece. I have learned that after having kids our relationship with each other and God lost its spark and passion so we have recently been working on rekindling that passion and spark by praying together and writing out prayers and talking about them and writing down when they are answered. We also read God's word together once a week together. My marriage advice would be to keep Christ as the center of the marriage (assuming you know Him).

What is your greatest unfulfilled ambition? 

To write and publish a book.

What is something that people might be surprised to know about you?
I am an introvert and take awhile to warm up to people. I am actually not a very social person in real life contrary to what bloggers or my readers see of me online.

What inspired you to start blogging?
I blogged in my college days but then graduated, started teaching and met my husband so blogging through my old Xanga account got put on the back burner and Xanga.com eventually shut down; however I still continued reading fashion blogs and then January 2014 I finally pulled the blogging trigger and began a fashion and lifestyle blog, now garaytreasures.com. While I am in introvert in person, nothing makes me more happy than to meet other bloggers and be inspired. 


What is your style “uniform”?
I like to look comfortable but pretty so if that means wearing a nice top with a statement necklace over jeggings or leggings with cute flats or boots then I am happy.


Do you enjoy gardening, sewing, decorating, painting or photography? What is your latest project?
I like DIY projects here and there along with photography. My latest project is to work on my photography using more natural lighting in my home or for my posts, especially when objects are involved. I post my favorites on Instagram.
   

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>