Featured Friday: Erika from A Little Bit of Everything

March 25, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz


Happy Friday Everyone!!  Katie here, from The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life!  I'm super excited for today's Feature Friday!  I get to share with you one of my favorite bloggers!  I've been following Erika from A Little Bit of Everything and her sweet family since I started reading blogs!  I've never met Erika but am drawn to her fun personality that comes through her blog and was thrilled when she accepted my invitation to be featured after my somewhat "fangirl"-ish email!! Thank You Erika!!  Take it away...



Hi!  I'm Erika over at A Little Bit of Everything, where I blog family, faith, fashion and everything in between.  I'm a wife and mama to three.  We can sometimes be a hot mess, but I enjoy sharing our crazy with all of you!  :)

Thank you, Katie, for having me today!  I'm excited to be here!

Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
I began blogging a couple years way back in 2008.  I had several girlfriends who had family blogs and just thought it looked fun so I began!  It was a great way for my family who lived far away to keep up with our lives and see cute pictures of the kiddos.  Over time it evolved more into a lifestyle blog and not just for family.

What is your biggest challenge when it comes to blogging? Your greatest reward?
My biggest challenge with blogging was finding the time to fit it into my schedule.  I think I've slowly perfected this a bit, but it took me a while.  I found myself up late at night working on posts and that just didn't work for our family.  Just like with everything, I had to work some kinks out, but I have a much better system down now.  My greatest reward from blogging has to be the relationships.  There are tons of readers/bloggers I've met via blog world who are amazing ladies.  So uplifting and encouraging!  HUGE blessings in my life!

What three words would you use to desribe yourself? 
EEK!  Three words to describe myself??  Caring, Loyal, and Fun

What's something people might be surprised to know about you?
Something people might be surprised to know about me...hhhmmmm, I think I just shared this last week, but my high school graduating class had 12 people.  Yes, you read that right-12!!  I was one of 12 walking across the stage.

Describe your style "uniform".
I think my house and my clothing style kind of reflects this but I like a variety.  I have some rustic, some modern, and some traditional things in my house and I love the mix.  The same goes for my wardrobe...I have pencil skirts, maxi dresses, and cowboy boots.  I find myself not sticking to one "genre" (so to speak) in the wardrobe department, but I find my favorites in them all.

What's your ideal date night?
I LOVE a good date night!!  The ideal date night would be us arriving at a jewelry store and Tab telling me to choose anything I wanted.  hahahaha!!  What movie was that?  No, for real-we love going out to dinner-especially trying a new place sans kiddos.  We're pretty simple.

What's the title of the last book you read? Would you recommend it?
I just read, Turning the Tables, by Teresa Giudice.  For all the Real Housewives fans, I'd totally recommend it!!  I am a big Teresa fan.  Isn't she just fun to watch?  But after the big house, I love her even more.

Have any favorite blog posts you'd like to share?
 We just got back from a Disney Cruise over spring break and had the best time!  If you missed it, you can see it here, here, here, and here.

Katie-thank you SO much for having me!!  I loved getting to stop by!  XOXO


0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>