The Look of Love: Siblings

February 08, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz


I'm supposed to write what my look of love is. After ready such great posts from Deena and Lana it left me stumped. How could I say anything better than those two? Really they both knocked it out of the park, go read them, they are worth your time! So I really had to think about what my look of love was...and bottom line - it's my kids, I talk about Mr. all the time, but my kids relationship makes me want to be a better person.

Looking at these two kids makes my heart melt.


When they interact with each other, and want to help each other it what inspires me to always do better. To always remember they are watching me and mimic what I do and they love they have for each other is fierce.

From the moment he met her in the hospital and asked if she could come home with him that minute I knew they were going to have something special. He was 2.75 years old when she was born, yet he knew he had to protect her.





We brought her home and he immediately wanted to hold her, pretty much every single minute of the day.


Even tried to change her diaper


And would just generally sit and stare at her and talk to her. It was seriously the cutest thing.


He would just want to be around her and always ask for her to be on his lap, when she was crying he would comfort her and he would do ANYTHING to make her laugh.





When she was old enough he even tried to feed her, her bottles.


And wanted her to stay warm, so he would zip up her jackets.


Even now they are each others best friends. They are constantly telling everyone that they want to marry each other. Currently he wants 2 boys and 2 girls, she only wants 2 kids...haha.


He lets her play with his swords, I think they could do this for at least 30 minutes, they run around the house playing swords.


When she got old enough she wanted a helmet too, even though she didn't have anything to ride yet. She wants to be just like him, do what he does, says what he says, be where he is. When they are away from each other they miss each other like crazy and go running to each other to give hugs.


 Together they come up with the best games, pushing each other around in a laundry basket full of books? Why not?


 They think vacuuming is the coolest...boy do I have them fooled!


And they always, always want to wear the same jammies when they can.




The love that they constantly share with each other isn't even describable. When they are together, you can feel how much they love each other. When she gets in trouble she yells out for her brother and goes crying into his arms. He's the only one that knows how to comfort her when she's crying so hard she can't catch her breathe. 


His patience level for her is incredible...much more mature than a normal 5 year old that's for sure.


He calls her Bellies and she calls him Coco and every time they do it melts this Mama heart. I just hope that their relationship stays close and they will always look out for each other and have each other's backs, knowing the two of them, they will, I've never seen a sibling love like theirs, always love and they hardly ever fight, and when they do they always seem to come up with a compromise. I'm so proud of the people they are growing up to be. I hope that I can continue to be a roll model for them and to make them proud to call me Mom.

Sarah is a regular contributor of The Blended Blog. She is an engineer and Mom of 2 just trying to bring out her creative side through her blog, Foxy's Domestic Side.


0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>