Featured on Friday

January 08, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz


Today, we are featuring Jill from Doused in Pink.
You can take a peak into her world on Bloglovin'.



1. Other than blogging, what do you do for a living (profession)?
I’m a recruiter for a specialty retailer. I spend my day networking with potential candidates, conducting interviews and negotiating offers.

2. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Loyal, caring and positive .
 
3. What hobbies do you have other than blogging?
My other hobbies are swimming, yoga and DIY projects. I love seeing something unique in a décor store and then trying to figure out how to make it on my own.

4. What is your oddest habit?
I’m over organized and like everything in it’s place. It drives my family crazy.



5. What has been the biggest challenge with blogging?
My biggest challenge has been time management and finding the right balance. After being overwhelmed and contemplating turning it in, I realized that I can't do it all and needed to schedule my time just as I would at work. I started by logging the time I spent on various tasks related to the blog including, writing posts, reading other blogs, commenting, social media, etc. I was able to see what areas I could cut back in and also discovered some time wasters. Now that I have a schedule and plan in place, I'm more efficient and actually am able to accomplish more than I did before!

6. What is your style “uniform”? 
I work full-time from home and spend my free time running errands, car pools and volunteering so my uniform this time of year is usually jeans and a long sleeve top or sweater. It’s easy to elevate the look by adding a scarf or statement necklace, booties and a nice bag and coat.

7. Do you like to dine-out or stay-in and cook dinner? 
Dining out is always a treat. I love to relax and eat good food but my husband’s hobby is cooking, so we usually eat at home. For my birthday in November, he smoked a prime rib roast on his Big Green Egg, made double stuffed potato’s, my sister brought a chopped salad and my Mom brought cupcakes. For me that was much better than going out!

8. What are a few of your favorite posts?
These are reader favorites, one lifestyle and one fashion. Start Your Morning Off Right gives a little peak into my morning routine and how I trained myself to be a morning person. The Fringe Top post is a snapshot of my typical daily uniform.




0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>