Featured on Friday

January 15, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Today, we are featuring Carrie from Curly Crafty Mom
You can take a peak into her world on Instagram

1. Other than blogging, what do you do for a living (profession)? 

I worked in Marketing in the Corporate world for almost 10 years and decided to resign 2 years ago. My husband and I decided it would be best for me to become a stay at home mom. My kids are now 7 and 9 and I enjoy spending time volunteering in school, their many days off and summer vacations with them. I know it isn’t the norm these days, but I throughly enjoy it! When I am not tending to them, I am busy decorating the house or working on DIY/craft projects. I would consider blogging as my part-time job now, which I never expected to make a fairly decent income by blogging.

2. Are you married? What marriage advice would you give to a couple getting married? What have you learned?
Yes, I am married! I am actually on my second marriage, so I am not sure if I am the best one to ask for marriage advice. ;) BUT, Brian was actually my very first boyfriend and first kiss. I always had a special ‘feeling’ about him being the ‘one’ and when we reconnected many years later (almost 20!) it all came together. I would say, NEVER settle or get married just because everyone else is… there is a Mr. Right out there for you and you will KNOW deep down that he is the one when you meet him.

3. Do you have any children? What parenting advice would you give to a someone having a new baby? 
Yes, I have a 7 and 9 year old. A baby changes everything forever. You give up a lot of your freedom, personal time and sleep when you have a baby, but IT IS ALL WORTH IT. :) Just remember to take some time to yourself each day. Your house will never be as clean as it was pre-baby, but getting in a little nap when they nap or running out to Target while the husband watches them is important. Also, make sure to go on date nights with said husband. :) You’re a team and going out together without the kids is how you stay connected and will keep that romance alive.

4. What hobbies do you have other than blogging? 




I enjoy running (I’ve done 8 half marathons and trying to talk myself into a full), reading, crafts/DIY projects, wine, date nights with my husband, snuggles with the kids, shopping, fashion, list writing, bubble baths (lush!), etc.

5. What has been the most rewarding outcome of blogging? 
Who is your favorite blogger and why?
I really enjoy the friendships I’ve made! I just wish some of you lived closer so that we could meet! My absolute favorite blogger is Shay from Mix & Match Mama. She just seems to have it all together and has a beautiful family, home and a supportive and loving family and amazing group of friends. I also love her fashion advice and recipes! She also just seems like such a sweet person. I really look forward to reading her blog everyday, it always makes my early mornings so much better!

6. What is your favorite style season (fall, spring, summer, winter) and why? 

I would say the Fall, because I get excited about wearing warmer clothes again. I really enjoy layers, fall colors and I prefer jeans/pants over shorts! I also really love boots and scarves! What is there not to love about the fall?!

7. What is your ideal date night?
Sunset dinner at the winery or a picnic during sunset on a paddleboat - my husband and I do both of these dates each summer! It is so fun!



0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>