Featured on Friday

December 04, 2015, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Today, we are featuring Sarah from Foxy's Domestic Side Quilty JoyJoy
You can take a peak into her world on Bloglovin'




1. Other than blogging, what do you do for a living (profession)?
I am an electrical engineer who works with airplane stuff.

2. Do you have any children?  What parenting advice would you give to a someone having a new baby?
I have 2 children, a boy who is 4.5 (will be 5 on Christmas) and a girl who just turned 2 last month. Parenting advice I would give a new parent would be to not stress. Harder said than done, but babies can feel your stress and will react to that, so try to not freak out over every little thing.

3. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Caring, Loving, perfectionist. When I asked my husband what he thought, he said, the three S's, sweet, sassy and smart, haha.

4. What hobbies do you have other than blogging?
I love to scrapbook and quilt. Before kids we loved to rock climb, both in doors and outdoors and can't wait for the kids to get old enough to start doing that with us. At our gym the kids have to be 5 to start rock climbing, so we have 2.5 months left to wait! Love camping and hiking as well, again can't wait for the kids to get older.

5. What inspired you to start blogging?
I had a family blog, that only family members have access to, and I did that for a few years. Then I finally joined pinterest and realized, hey I do a lot of crafts that I could share (I thought you had to have a blog to post stuff on pinterest), so I started Foxy's Domestic Side. When I started the blog I was also trying to work on myself, so I decided to bring you along on my journey to making myself a little less typical engineer and little more fashionista.

6. What is your favorite style season (fall, spring, summer, winter) and why?
My favorite season to style is Fall, for us in Southern California, fall means really hot weather followed by semi-cool weather. So I still get to wear some summer and spring things (think shorts, long sleeve shirt, sandals) and still get to also wear my leggings, boots and tunics. I love how many different outfits I can wear, it can be 65° one day followed by 85° the next.

7. Do you enjoy gardening, sewing, decorating, painting or photography? What is your latest project?
I really enjoy photography. I usually get a new camera every 2-3 years. Mostly I use them so much that I wear them out! I just love taking pictures of everyday life, I'm not one for the artsy ones, or the original shots where stand there in awe of them. I just like taking pictures of my kids. My latest project, rather the one I am going to start soon, is our yearly calendar. Every year for the past 4 years I've made a calendar. In the days of the calendar I put the picture that happened that day a year prior. It's fun looking back at each day and remember what was happening. Plus it's an automatic gift for the Grandparents that they love and can show off to their friends.

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>