Cookies and Cocktails Tradition!

December 10, 2015, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

For over ten years now my sisters and I have gotten together a day or two before Christmas Eve and made cookies and treats for Christmas.  It's turned into quite the party!  Ten years ago the kids were babies...and there weren't quite so many of them!  I remember, we used to make a lot more cookies, too.  Now I think we drink more then we bake!  We always have our signature cocktail, pomegranate martinis, for starters.  For the past,  I don't know how many years, my oldest sister, Tara has been the hostess.
My sisters and I at last year's Cookies and Cocktails!  Tara bought us all the aprons! 

During the early years, it was just the four of us girls!  Now my mom and dad come too...but only for the drinks!!  Just kidding...they really just don't want to miss anything!   The kids all play in the basement and we bake. All the guys come on over after work. Most years we just ordered pizza for dinner.  Last year Tara made 6 pounds of Chili in the crockpot!  Not sure what's on tap this year yet!  This year's annual cookies and cocktails Day is set to take place on December 23rd.

I am known for bringing the break and bakes!  :)  That is not a joke...


Every year I feel like the actual baking part becomes less and less! But maybe that's just me...  Last year was like a comedy of errors!  I attempted candied pecans.  But they burnt...pretty badly. The oven was too high!  My sister, Meg forgot the sugar in her sugar cookie dough (DUH!), Tara was not very happy with her Ina Garden Pecan Sandies and Erin dumped her whole first batch of peppermint bark.  But after a few more tries, everything turned out great!  Just like it does every year!

The kids favorite part of it all is the taste-testing!!  They always end up eating way more than they're supposed to, but with the four of us baking, there's still plenty to go around for Christmas day!

Here are some more photos from last year's festivities!

Well into cookies...and cocktails!


The hostess with the mostess!!


What was left of the cookies after the kids got their hands on them :)


This tradition with my sisters is something we look forward to year after year, and no matter how many cookies we bake (or burn!) the best part is doing it together!! 


I hope you all have a Blessed Christmas sharing traditions and making memories with your own families!



Katie is a regular contributor to The Blended Blog. When she's not blogging, she's laughing.  She spends her days as a teacher-librarian  to "her" 300 kids in her hometown of Long Island, New York.  She enjoys online shopping, fun nights out with friends, or in, binge-watching Netflix and drinking wine. Follow along with her at The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life.

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>