Featured on Friday

November 13, 2015, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Today, we are featuring Katie from The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life.
You can take a peak into her world on Instagram.




1. Other than blogging, what do you do for a living (profession)?

I am in my 14th year of teaching. I am an elementary school librarian and technology teacher for students in Grades Pre-K through 8th grade at a Catholic School on Long Island.

2. What would you consider your greatest accomplishment and why?
Buying my home is probably my greatest accomplishment. It took me a while to get it, but being single I am happy to have.

3. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
The tag line of my blog states: a little bit funny, a little bit crazy and a whole lotta of me! To that I'd probably add loud!

4. What is something that people might be surprised to know about you?
I don't drive.  I know this is terrible and this limits me a bit but I think I am really terrible at it.  Have cerebral palsy (another thing people probably don't know actually!), that shows in my gait, so I don't walk well either... just imagine me driving!!  HA...maybe one day!!

5. Who is your favorite blogger and why?
Erika at A Little Bit of Everything blog. I think she's really down to earth and someone who, if I had the chance to meet in real life, know we'd be fast friends.

6. What is your favorite style season (fall, spring, summer, winter) and why?
Summer is my favorite season, but style-wise I'd have to say fall! I just love breaking out the riding boots and skinny jeans in the fall. I also like wearing long sleeve tees or even tanks with scarves. Then throwing on a cardi or military jacket as it gets chillier. There are so many ways to style fall.

7. What is the last book you read and would you recommend it?
The last book I read was Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I absolutely loved it. I thought it was a sweet story, and also very thought-provoking. I didn't fully get the book's title until I read the whole story! Highly recommend!!

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>