Featured on Fridays

October 02, 2015, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz


 Today, we are featuring Christy from r squared + g + c = our family
You can take a peak into her world on her Pinterest page.


 1. Other than blogging, what do you do for a living ? I am a chartered accountant, or a CPA for you US peeps. I work 4 days a week crunching numbers in a mid size oil and gas company. I work because I like to get dressed up and put makeup on. Ha! 

 2. Do you have any children? What parenting advice would you give to a someone having a new baby?I have 2 boys aged 7 and almost 5.  Years ago, when I was stressing about how much (or little) they slept and ate, my mom always told me little kid = little problem, big kid = big problem.  At the time I thought she was crazy, now as the kids get older I am realizing that I shouldn't have sweated the small stuff after all.  

3. Are you married? What marriage advice would you give to a couple getting married? What have you learned?My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year and after 10 years of marriage I'm not sure I have any advice. I've learned that someone else's relationship is not always what it seems and the grass is not always greener on the other side. A marriage is not always easy but what makes it stronger is working through the rough times. 

 4. What is something that people might be surprised to know about you?When I was 18 I lost over 70 pounds and have kept it off 15+ years. My mom made me a step so I could do step aerobics in our basement. To this day, I still love step aerobics. It is what motivates me to stay fit as I never want to go back to the size I was. 

 5. What inspired you to start blogging? When I found out that I was pregnant for the first time I started my blog. I wanted to remember every moment of my pregnancy and my life as a young mom. Over time it has evolved to include some of my own topics including fashion and fitness. But after all these years, I still blog for my kids, so they have a place to read about their childhoods, and maybe a chance to laugh at their mother's outfit posts.... 

 6. What is your style “uniform”?My style uniform is jeans, a solid tee, topped with lots of jewelry and/or scarf and a cardi. I am all about the accessories. 

 7. Do you like to dine-out or stay-in and cook dinner? And, what is your favorite meal or restaurant? I like to dine out, but we tend to be 'eat at home' people. I am not the best cook, but I enjoy trying new recipes and finding that perfect one that every one enjoys. I also really enjoy using my slow cooker. What could be better than a home cooked meal that is ready when you get home? With that being said...we order pizza every Friday.

If you are interested in working with us, please email us at theblendedblog@gmail.com
Have a great weekend
-TBBloggers

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>